Sunday, October 5, 2008

General Conference Oct. 2008

I can't believe that another Gen. Conf. has come and gone. I so much look forward to sit at the feet of the Prophets and hearing their counsel I am looking forward to reading and watching them again. One of the parts of Conf. I enjoy the most is hearing the testimonies of our leaders. We live in times that can really be discouraging and down right depressing, but I always feel energized and lightened after Conf.

The other thing I like about Gen. Conf. is having family around. Both of our wonderful daughters and our great sons-in-law have made it a tradition to come and watch all sessions of Conf. with us. In past years we only had satellite in the basement, which with all of us in the basement made for a little chaos. This year (thanks to my brilliant Wife) we did something different, we hooked the TV upstairs to satellite. That allowed us to spread out and made things much better. I second Elder Nelson's message on Families, they truly are one of the most important parts of mortality.

On Saturday between sessions Grandpa had some projects I wanted to get done, and with the help of the grandkids we got them done

1 comment:

Anderson Family said...

Thanks for your comments regarding General Conference Boyd. Lisa and I too were (as usual) touched by each and every talk. In particular, I appreciated President Monson's final remarks. I flew down to Phoenix and attended Priesthood with my Dad and Dave. It was very nice. Hope you're all well.