Saturday, January 10, 2009

Convert Baptism

I am our Ward Mission Leader. We had a young women (Keodara) that was baptized today. The other Ward also had a baptism, I received a call about 2 hours before our's was scheduled to take place telling me that the water heater was not working. When I got to the chapel they had filled the font with cold water. I went into the kitchen and started heating pots of water to try and warm it up. It helped a little but the water was still pretty cold. When Keodara got the the meetinghouse, we told here the situation. She went in and felt the water and said I am too excited to put it off, I didn't even sleep last night. So, we went through with the baptism.

It was wonderful, and the spirit was so strong. We had great Ward support. It is so fun to see the enthusiasm of new members, and wonderful to welcome a sister into The Church

4 comments:

The Andersons said...

That is so inspiring i love the enthusiasm converts show and have. Boyd your great i can just picture you filling up pots to try to help the situation.

B, A, K and C said...

I made Ian a blog for all his mission picture! www.ianmission.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

I love witnessing her confirmation. She was so happy. Isn't it amazing how after someone is baptized they look different.

Unknown said...

Coupled with that cold weather you have all been having I am guessing you were looking forward to the warm water! That's wonderful news about the convert baptism. It always is so wonderful to have that be a regular occurrence in a ward. Keep up the good work uncle!